Faculty Engagement Programme
17-18 May 2017
In partnership with IAEE (International Association of Exhibitions and Events) our Faculty Engagement Programme encourages academic leaders to participate in the show, coming together to share best practice and inspiration in an open forum followed by a reception and scheduled appointments with exhibitors.
- IAEE Faculty Resources - blackboard resource centre presentation, art of the show discussion, CEIR presentation, grant opportunities
- Industry presentations - research activities and publications
- Technology and sustainability in the industry
- Company/industry engagement together with students from the Future Leaders Forum
- Networking and knowledge exchange
- Refereed paper presentations
Download the programme here.
Open to meeting and hospitality academics and educators, industry practioners and consultants, representatives of professional industry associations, students and others interested in the field.
Call for academic papers
Together with IAEE we invite academics and industry experts to submit papers exploring innovation in the meetings, exhibitions, events and conventions industry. Both empirical and conceptual papers are welcomed and there is no submission fee. If your paper is accepted you are invited to present the paper during the Faculty Engagement Programme.
Please complete the submission form here by 24 March 2017.
- Submit a two to three-page abstract (double spaced and inclusive of titles, tables and references) plus cover page. Indicate author name and affiliation only on the cover page. The paper must be original work that has not been previously presented or published.
- All submissions should be .doc files.
- English is the official language of IMEX and should be used in all submissions.
- Your submission will be reviewed by a commitee of editors from the Journal of Convention and Event Tourism at a double-blind refereed screening of abstracts.
- If accepted you will be invited to present your paper in a poster session format during the Faculty Engagement Programme and Future Leaders Forum at IMEX in Frankfurt.
- You have the opportunity to publish expanded copies of your paper on the IAEE website.
- Posters presented at IMEX in Frankfurt will be presented again electronically at the IAEE annual conference, Expo Expo, in 2017. The authors can, but do not have to, be present. So authors will get credit for two presentations from the single submission.
- Accepted papers will also be considered for publication in the Journal of Convention and Event Tourism after IMEX America 2017.
- Make use of the valuable faculty resources that IAEE has developed in conjunction with the Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council and the IAEE Faculty Advisory Committee: Faculty Resource Center.
IAEE - International Association of Exhibitions and Events
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.