The IMEX appointment system is unique, giving buyers complete choice over their appointments, and containing an integrated messaging service. It’s a buyer-led system – so buyers make appointments with exhibitors.
This is good news for exhibitors – it means they’re guaranteed to meet with buyers who have a specific interest in their destination or product.
All appointments take place at an exhibitor’s stand on the show floor.
How do buyers make an appointment with you?
- Once registered for the show, buyers can log in to the IMEX website and access their personal Online Diary. This diary is available from 4 weeks prior to IMEX.
- Buyers look for exhibitors using the IMEX Online Exhibitor Directory. The Directory allows buyers to search for exhibitors using keywords, product categories, destinations and geographical regions, as well as an exhibitor name or stand number.
- Once a buyer has found an exhibitor they would like to meet, they select the ‘Make an Appointment’ button and can see the time slots available in the exhibitor’s diary.
- The buyer selects a date and time. The appointment is added to both the buyer’s and exhibitor’s diaries. Automatic emails are sent to exhibitors to alert them.
- The appointment is then visible in both the buyer’s and the exhibitor’s diary.
- If you have opened multiple diaries, the buyer sees all available time slots in all these diaries.
- Once an appointment has been made, exhibitors and buyers can send messages to each other via the IMEX messaging service. Buyers can also send RFP documents or other information to exhibitors ahead of the appointment at the show.
Is there a charge for receiving appointments?
No – there’s no extra charge. The IMEX appointment system is an integral part of the trade show and included within the price of the stand space.
What other capabilities does the Online Diary have?
- Reserve or block timeslots in your diary
- Open multiple diaries for you and your registered personnel
- Move appointments between your diaries
- Send messages and request information from buyers with whom you have appointments
- Export diaries to your outlook or lotus notes calendar. View example
- Send unique appointment shortcut link to your clients so they can request appointments directly with you
- Decline appointments from buyers you do not wish to meet
What is the integrated messaging service?
This service allows exhibitors and buyers to communicate with each other once an appointment has been made, helping both parties to define their meeting requirements and set the agenda for the meeting, making it far more productive. Buyers can send RFPs and other documents via the Online Diary.
In addition to individual appointments, buyers will also attend group presentations on exhibitor stands over a minimum of 18sqm.
IMEX was the most beneficial trade show I have attended. The opportunity to send targeted emails to buyers in advance of the show and use the online diary to manage appointments was invaluable. Looking forward to next year!Aoife Thomas, Derry Visitor & Convention Bureau, UK