We highly recommend that you read through the full travel refund terms and conditions below.
If you choose to book your own flight to IMEX in Frankfurt, we will refund the cost of your flight to the exhibition up to an agreed amount – please see the refund table. When booking your flight, please observe the terms and conditions outlined below.
- Book your flights or trains according to your hosted buyer programme dates (contact your intermediary if you are unsure about your programme dates)
- If you book travel that falls outside your hosted buyer programme dates, you will be responsible for additional hotel accommodation, unless previously agreed by IMEX
- If you cannot find flights or trains within the timings outlined below, please contact the IMEX team
Please note that travel should be booked to ensure you attend full exhibition days (days of attendance dependent on your group arrival and departure dates – view IMEX opening hours).
- For arrivals on or before Monday 14 May (excluding arrivals for Association Day*), you can choose your arrival time
*If you are attending education on Monday 14 May including Association Day, please check the programme timetable
- For arrivals on Tuesday 15 May, Wednesday 16 May or Thursday 17 May: please ensure you arrive at the exhibition as close to 10:00 as flights and trains allow
- For departures on Tuesday 15 May and Wednesday 16 May please ensure you depart the exhibition after 17:30 and after 16:30 on Thursday 17 May
If suitable times are not available, please find times as close as possible to those shown above and contact the IMEX team for authorisation before booking your travel. IMEX only needs to pre-authorise travel which doesn't meet the terms and conditions outlined.
Prices and travel refund
- IMEX will refund the cost of a flight or train to and from Frankfurt but not the cost of any side trips unless prior approval is obtained from IMEX
- IMEX advises booking your travel as early as possible to ensure that costs fall within our refund limits
- IMEX will refund whichever is the lower – either the actual travel cost (including taxes) or the maximum limit and allowance shown on the refund table
- If you can only secure flights or trains above the refund limit please contact the IMEX hosted buyer team for authorisation before booking your travel
- If you cannot find your preferred departure airport or station within the refund table, please contact the IMEX team to agree the refund amount before booking
- Baggage costs and early check-in fees: IMEX will refund early check-in fees and baggage costs for a maximum of one bag per person only if they are claimed at the same time as the flight cost and the total cost is within the refund limit. This does not need to be shown on your invoice when you submit your refund, however you will need to bring proof of this cost when you come to the refund desk. The baggage costs will be refunded separately at IMEX if not included in your flight invoice
- Flight credits: If you wish to use a credit from a previous unused flight, please ensure you provide us with proof of payment of the original flight
- Travel agency fees: IMEX will not be responsible for any travel agency fees
- Refund currency: Refunds are made in either GBP £, EUR € or USD $. If your travel is booked in either GBP £, EUR € or USD $, we will in most cases refund your travel in the same currency. Travel booked in other currencies will be calculated using the prevailing rates at the time of authorising your refund
- Bank charges: IMEX will cover bank transfer charges and cheque charges from its own account. You may be charged by your own bank or an intermediary bank for receiving the transfer or cheque. IMEX will not cover these bank charges. If you provide invalid bank details and the bank transfer or cheque is rejected, or you lose your cheque (check), you will be responsible for your own charges and any additional charges incurred by IMEX
- Proof of identity: To comply with international tax and banking laws you must come to the hosted buyer refund desk at the exhibition and provide original photo ID (passport, driving licence or national ID card). Please note that we do not accept copies of your photo ID
- Frequent flyer miles: Flights may be booked using loyalty card points, frequent flyer or Airmiles (or equivalent). However, IMEX will only refund the amount of the taxes and other related charges (class upgrades, extra leg room but not agency fees) which have been paid for in cash and for which the monetary value is shown on the airline invoice
Changes and cancellations
- Any changes you make must still adhere to the IMEX timing restrictions
- IMEX will only refund the actual flight or train which has been used to attend IMEX in Frankfurt. However, if you have to change your travel for personal reasons (such as an upgrade or to attend meetings outside of IMEX in Frankfurt), resulting in additional costs, IMEX will only pay for the cost of the original flight or train and not pay any associated fees for changing or cancelling your travel
- Please note: Should you not adhere to the travel refund terms and conditions and IMEX has to ask you to change your travel, IMEX will not be responsible for any additional costs or amendment fees incurred
- Cancellations: IMEX cannot refund travel costs for buyers who do not attend the exhibition for the programme dates.
Last Minute Cancellations, Delays, Missed Flights
Please contact your intermediary or the IMEX team as soon as possible. IMEX will not be responsible for any additional costs incurred.
All hosted buyers are responsible for their own travel insurance. Insurance costs will not be refunded by IMEX.
Click here to see further information.