Flight Refund Terms and Conditions
We highly recommend that you read through the full Flight Refund Terms and Conditions.
IMEX Flight Refund Terms and Conditions will be available for download below in English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian & Mandarin.
If you choose to book your flight to IMEX in Frankfurt, we will refund the cost of your flight to the exhibition up to an agreed amount – please see the flight refund table. When booking your flight, please observe the terms and conditions outlined below.
Flight Timing Restrictions
- Book your flights according to your Hosted Buyer Programme dates (contact your intermediary if you are unsure about your programme dates)
- If you book flights that fall outside your Hosted Buyer Programme dates, you will be responsible for additional hotel accommodation, unless previously agreed by IMEX
- If you cannot find flights within the timings outlined below, please contact your IMEX Hosted Buyer Account Manager
Please note that flights should be booked to ensure that you attend full exhibition days (days of attendance dependent on your group arrival and departure dates – view IMEX in Frankfurt opening times).
- For arrivals on or before Monday 15th May (excluding arrivals for Association Day*), you are able to choose your arrival time
*If you are attending IMEX in Frankfurt Association Day on Monday 15th May, you need to arrive by 11.30am
- For arrivals on Tuesday 16th May, Wednesday 17th May or Thursday 18th May: please ensure arrival is by 10am at the latest
- For departures on Tuesday 16th May and Wednesday 17th May please ensure departure is after 5.30pm and after 4.30pm on Thursday 18th May
If suitable flight times are not available, please find times as close as possible to those shown above and contact the IMEX Hosted Buyer Team for authorisation before booking your flight. IMEX only needs to pre-authorise flights which do not meet the terms and conditions outlined.
Flight Prices and Reimbursement
- IMEX will reimburse the cost of a flight to and from Frankfurt but only cost of any side trips where prior approval is obtained from IMEX
- IMEX advises booking your flights as early as possible to ensure that they fall within the flight refund banding limits
- IMEX will reimburse whichever is the lower – either the actual flight cost (including taxes) or the maximum shown for the relevant banding on the flight refund table
- If you can only secure flights above the banding limit please contact the IMEX hosted buyer team for authorisation before booking your flights
- If you cannot find your preferred departure airport within the flight refund table, please contact the IMEX hosted buyer team to agree the reimbursement amount before booking your flight
- Baggage costs and early check-in fees: IMEX will refund early check-in fees and baggage costs for a maximum of one bag per person only if they are claimed at the same time as the flight cost and the total cost is within the banding limit. This does not need to be shown on your invoice when you submit your refund, however you will need to bring proof of this cost when you come to the refund desk. The baggage costs will be refunded separately at IMEX if not included in your flight invoice
- Flight credits: If you wish to use a credit from a previous unused flight, please ensure you provide us with proof of payment of the original flight
- Travel agency fees: IMEX will not be responsible for any travel agency fees
- Refund Currency: Refunds are made in either GBP £, EUR € or USD $. If your flight is booked in either GBP £, EUR € or USD $, we will in most cases refund your flight in the same currency. Flights booked in other currencies will be calculated using the prevailing rates at the time of authorising your refund
- Bank Charges: IMEX will cover bank transfer charges and cheque charges from its own account. You may be charged by your own bank or an intermediary bank for receiving the transfer or cheque. IMEX will not cover these bank charges. If you provide invalid bank details and the bank transfer or cheque is rejected, or you lose your cheque, you will be responsible for your own charges and any additional charges incurred by IMEX
- Proof of Identity: To comply with international tax and banking laws you must come to the hosted buyer refund desk at the exhibition and provide original photo ID (passport, driving licence or national ID card). Please note that we do not accept copies of your photo ID
- Frequent Flyer Miles: Flights may be booked using loyalty card points, frequent flyer or Airmiles (or equivalent). However, IMEX will only refund the amount of the taxes and other related charges (class upgrades, extra leg room but not agency fees) which have been paid for in cash and for which the monetary value is shown on the airline invoice
Flight Changes and Cancellations
- Any flight changes you make must still adhere to the IMEX timing restrictions
- IMEX will only reimburse the actual flight which has been used to attend IMEX in Frankfurt. However, if you have to change your flight for personal reasons (such as an upgrade or to attend meetings outside of IMEX in Frankfurt), and the cost is more, IMEX will only pay for the cost of the original flight and will not pay any associated fees for changing or cancelling your flight
- PLEASE NOTE: Should you not adhere to the Flight Refund Terms & Conditions and you are requested by IMEX to amend your flights, IMEX will not be responsible for any additional costs or amendment fees incurred by your airline
- Cancellations: IMEX cannot refund flight costs for buyers who cancel their participation
Last Minute Cancellations, Delays, Missed Flights
Please contact your intermediary as soon as possible, or the IMEX hosted buyer team. IMEX will not be responsible for any additional costs incurred.
All hosted buyers are responsible for their own travel insurance. Insurance costs will not be refunded by IMEX.
Click here to see further information.