Hosted Buyer Terms and Conditions
We highly recommend that you read through the full hosted buyer programme terms and conditions. See the English version below.
Translations of IMEX hosted buyer programme terms and conditions are available for download below in German and Portuguese.
- Complimentary flights from selected destinations (excluding individual buyers not travelling with a Hosted group on the IMEX long-haul travel programme)
- Ground transfers in Frankfurt: between airport/hotel/IMEX exhibition
- Hotel accommodation (room only) for your programme dates
- Free access to educational sessions
- Access to the Hosted Buyer Lounge (complimentary refreshments and WiFi)
- Any personal extras at the hotel. These should be settled directly with the hotel upon your departure.
- Hotel upgrades
- Taxi fares if arriving / departing outside Hosted Buyer Programme dates
- Visa application fees
- Travel Insurance
You must ensure that you have comprehensive travel insurance to cover your trip to attend IMEX in Frankfurt. This should cover:
- Cancellation, alteration, curtailment, rearrangement or replacement – In the event of illness, personal injury or circumstances beyond your control which prevent you travelling to or from the exhibition as planned
- Medical expenses – In the event that you need medical treatment or emergency repatriation
- Personal property and business equipment – In the event of loss, theft or damage
- Political and natural disaster evacuation such as war, floods or volcanic eruption
- Personal liability
- Death or personal injury
Terms and Conditions
- Hosted buyers are requested to attend IMEX for the full exhibition day (see Opening Hours).
- Hosted buyers are expected to attend a minimum of 8 appointments with exhibitors per day – these can be made up of individual appointments, stand presentations and any pre-scheduled group appointments.
- Buyers cannot change group after their application has been processed and they have been accepted into the Hosted Buyer Programme.
- Travel schedules are organised by IMEX to maximise time at the exhibition. Buyers are expected to stick to these arrangements. Deviations from these schedules are at the discretion of IMEX.
- IMEX will only accept one application per buyer. In the event of more than one application being received, the first application will be processed.
- Cancellations and / or changes will only be accepted by e-mail or via the hosted buyer portal.
- Acceptance onto the Hosted Buyer Programme is at the discretion of IMEX. Buyers who do not meet the qualifying criteria will be given the opportunity to attend as a visitor and may take advantage of discounted airfares and accommodation.
- Persons under the age of 18 and pets (except registered assistance dogs) are not permitted into the exhibition.
- IMEX will host an additional night’s accommodation based on attendance at the exhibition for one extra day and subject to availability. On the additional day,you will be expected to make 6-8 individual appointments. If you do not attend the exhibition or make any appointments with exhibitors, IMEX will recharge the additional night’s accommodation cost to you for settlement.
- Hotel checkout is 10am on the day of your departure unless otherwise agreed by the hotel. Failure to checkout by this time may result in you being charged an additional fee by the hotel.
- Hosted Buyers must hold travel insurance with adequate insurance cover. Such insurance will ensure that they are covered against unforeseen cancellation charges, medical costs incurred whilst away from home, personal liability claims, loss of money or passport. Existing medical conditions and fitness to travel must be declared prior to IMEX arranging flights otherwise travel insurance could be rendered null and void. IMEX will have no responsibility for any default in insurance cover in respect to the hosted buyer.
- Hosted buyers should have permission to travel from the company they are representing. IMEX accepts no responsibility for the hosted buyer if they do not have permission to travel.